The West Bengal Government on Saturday morning announced that all schools, colleges and universities both goverment and private within the State will remain closed till 31st March.
This decision is taken in the view of evolving situation on the spread of COVID-19.
In the Official Notice released by the government, it reads
“It has been decided that all Government, government- aided, private educational institutions- schools, colleges, universities, madrsahs, SSK / MSK will remain closed from 16 March , 2020 to 31 March 2020 in public interest. The internal examinations of these institutions will also remain suspended during the said duration. However the Board examinations will be held as per schedule.”
The notice comes a day after the State government decided to suspend all major sporting events till 31st March.
The Indian Institute of Technolgy- Kharagpur located near Medinipur town in south Bengal has also decided that classes and examinations will be suspended with immediate effect until March 31, 2020.
So far, there is no confirmed case of COVID-19 in West Bengal. However some are kept in isolation wards and their samples are sent for determination.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Power Supply of Durgapur Steel township to remain suspended
- Asansol – Durgapur – Bardhhaman new local train timetable (from OCT 31)
- Local trains may soon start operations in West Bengal
- Administration advised to set up containment zones in Durgapur
- Asansol Division Staff special trains new revised timings
- Durgapur Steel Plant list of shortlisted candidates 2021 out now – Check details
- IRCTC to start JYOTIRLINGA YATRA SPECIAL Bharat Darshan train from Durgapur
- Duare Sarkar Camp List Durgapur 2021 – Location, Timings, Schedule, Download PDF