Chiranjit Dhibar, a 30-year-old teacher from Durgapur, West Bengal has returned home safely after a clinical trial of COVAXIN by Bharat Biotech and Indian Council of Medical Research.
For a month, he was completely in isolation, cut off from his friends and family. Chiranjit, himself enlisted him as a volunteer for the clinical trial of COVAXIN.
After returning home, he stated that he was a bit scared of this trial.
Every time a needle was inserted in his vein he became terrified. Though a placebo or a dose of attenuated virus was incorporated in the volunteers’ body, he didn’t know whether it was a real dose of living virus or not.
[Also Read: 5 high paying careers that don’t need a degree]
The whole clinical trial was conducted in the Indian Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital at Kalinganagar, Odisha.
At the very first dose, no major changes were seen in his body. But after the second and third dose, minor changes were noticed in his body.
Doctors and other scientists regularly monitored every volunteer and even every single change in the body had been noted down.
His contribution to this trial should be counted as a heroic contribution if the vaccine for COVID comes to the market. He made Durgapur proud.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Some services at DSP Hospital will not be available for 15 days