Chiranjit Dhibar, a 30-year-old teacher from Durgapur, West Bengal has returned home safely after a clinical trial of COVAXIN by Bharat Biotech and Indian Council of Medical Research.
For a month, he was completely in isolation, cut off from his friends and family. Chiranjit, himself enlisted him as a volunteer for the clinical trial of COVAXIN.
After returning home, he stated that he was a bit scared of this trial.
Every time a needle was inserted in his vein he became terrified. Though a placebo or a dose of attenuated virus was incorporated in the volunteers’ body, he didn’t know whether it was a real dose of living virus or not.
[Also Read: 5 high paying careers that don’t need a degree]
The whole clinical trial was conducted in the Indian Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital at Kalinganagar, Odisha.
At the very first dose, no major changes were seen in his body. But after the second and third dose, minor changes were noticed in his body.
Doctors and other scientists regularly monitored every volunteer and even every single change in the body had been noted down.
His contribution to this trial should be counted as a heroic contribution if the vaccine for COVID comes to the market. He made Durgapur proud.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Power Supply of Durgapur Steel township to remain suspended
- Asansol – Durgapur – Bardhhaman new local train timetable (from OCT 31)
- Local trains may soon start operations in West Bengal
- Administration advised to set up containment zones in Durgapur
- Asansol Division Staff special trains new revised timings
- Durgapur Steel Plant list of shortlisted candidates 2021 out now – Check details
- IRCTC to start JYOTIRLINGA YATRA SPECIAL Bharat Darshan train from Durgapur
- Duare Sarkar Camp List Durgapur 2021 – Location, Timings, Schedule, Download PDF