Durgapur: The increase in the number of cases all across India has resulted in huge demand for Oxygen. To meet this demand, the Indian Railways is running Oxygen Express from different plants in India.
Now on Saturday afternoon, Durgapur Steel Plant flagged off the second Oxygen Express for Delhi. The first Oxygen Express reached Delhi from Chhattisgarh with 70 ton of Liquid Medical Oxygen.
A few days back, the Indian Air force airlifted 6 Cryogenic oxygen containers from Singapore to Panagarh Airbase. These containers were filled with 120 ton of Liquid Medical Oxygen at the Oxygen plant of Durgapur Steel Plant and was flagged off to Delhi.
“Cryogenic Oxygen containers airlifted from Singapore by @IAF_MCC were loaded on #OxygenExpress that has departed from Durgapur, West Bengal to Delhi. These sustained operations will speed up the distribution of Liquid Medical Oxygen for treating COVID-19 patients across”, tweeted Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
According to sources, the containers were first brought to the container corporation terminal near Sagarbhanga, Durgapur. From there it left for Delhi at around 12:45 PM. It is expected to take around 18 hours to reach Delhi.
Cover pic: Source
Read Another Article About Durgapur
- Durgapur Utsav 2023 – Date, Timings, Venue, Programs
- Durgapur ISKCON Temple – Timings, Location, Occasions
- Durgapur To Siliguri – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Durgapur To Berhampore – How to Reach By Car, Bus
- Durgapur To Berhampore SBSTC Bus Time Table (Via Suri, Bolpur)
- Durgapur To Bardhaman – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train