Durgapur: The increase in the number of cases all across India has resulted in huge demand for Oxygen. To meet this demand, the Indian Railways is running Oxygen Express from different plants in India.
Now on Saturday afternoon, Durgapur Steel Plant flagged off the second Oxygen Express for Delhi. The first Oxygen Express reached Delhi from Chhattisgarh with 70 ton of Liquid Medical Oxygen.
A few days back, the Indian Air force airlifted 6 Cryogenic oxygen containers from Singapore to Panagarh Airbase. These containers were filled with 120 ton of Liquid Medical Oxygen at the Oxygen plant of Durgapur Steel Plant and was flagged off to Delhi.
“Cryogenic Oxygen containers airlifted from Singapore by @IAF_MCC were loaded on #OxygenExpress that has departed from Durgapur, West Bengal to Delhi. These sustained operations will speed up the distribution of Liquid Medical Oxygen for treating COVID-19 patients across”, tweeted Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
According to sources, the containers were first brought to the container corporation terminal near Sagarbhanga, Durgapur. From there it left for Delhi at around 12:45 PM. It is expected to take around 18 hours to reach Delhi.
Cover pic: Source
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- How To Update Mobile Number Registered With Vehicle 2023
- 6 Best Parks To Visit in Durgapur (West Bengal)
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Vehicle No Objection Certificate (NOC) Download Process 2023
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate PDF Download Online Process 2023
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) PDF Download Process 2023