First COVID-19 Positive case in Durgapur. The patient is a 76 year-old man residing in CR Das Avenue in Durgapur.
Earlier, the administration had declared Durgapur free of COVID-19. But this time the victim was found in Durgapur itself.
He is currently admitted in Sanaka Hospital, which is the only COVID-19 Hospital in Durgapur.
Samples from all his family members has been collected and is sent for testing and they have been sent to Quarantine.
According to the sources a few days ago, the resident of CR Das Road in A-Zone of Durgapur Steel Township, was admitted to a private hospital at City Center in Durgapur for kidney and heart ailments.
He was admitted to the hospital for the last five days. In addition to these conditions, he had fever and showed corona symptoms, as said by hospital sources.
His sample was sent for testing, when the report came positive, he was shifted to Sanaka Hospital in Durgapur.
The administration has already sanitized the Kaniska and CR Das avenue area.
More details will be updated soon.
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 6 days
- Power Supply of Durgapur Steel township to remain suspended
- Asansol – Durgapur – Bardhhaman new local train timetable (from OCT 31)
- Local trains may soon start operations in West Bengal
- Administration advised to set up containment zones in Durgapur
- Asansol Division Staff special trains new revised timings
- Durgapur Steel Plant list of shortlisted candidates 2021 out now – Check details
- IRCTC to start JYOTIRLINGA YATRA SPECIAL Bharat Darshan train from Durgapur
- Duare Sarkar Camp List Durgapur 2021 – Location, Timings, Schedule, Download PDF