Durgapur: ‘Durgapur Sub Division Voluntary Blood Donors forum’ is all set to start the collection of plasma from interested donors who recovered from COVID.
The collection will start from Sunday, 30th August according to the sources.
The plasma is the liquid part of the blood that holds all the components of the blood. The blood plasma from patients who recovered from COVID could be used to treat more patients.
When a person recovers from COVID, he/she develops an antibody inside their body. This antibody remains present in the plasma.
Once the plasma is collected it can then be inserted into the body of another patient which can help them in developing the antibody required to fight the virus.
According to the sources, it is known that one person from Sepco Township already signed up for the donation.
On Sunday, the ‘Durgapur Sub Division Voluntary Blood Donors forum’ and ‘Anjuman Islamia Committee’ will be organizing a blood donation camp at the ‘Durgapur Muslim Welfare Society’ premises on the occasion of Muharram.
Plasma will be collected from the donors body in this camp. The forum is expecting more donors to sign up and donate plasma so that more patients can be recovered.
The total number of COVID cases in the Paschim Bardhaman District is close to 3500.
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Power Supply Of Durgapur Steel Township To Remain Suspended Partially
- Durgapur Durga Puja Carnival 2022 – Date, Time, Venue
- New Internet Exchange Point inaugurated in Durgapur
- Durgapur barrage to remain closed for 7 days
- Durgapur to Guwahati flight services to start by the end of March 2022
- SBSTC starts Durgapur Airport to Durgapur Station bus service
- West Bengal Primary & Upper Primary schools to reopen this week
- Some services at DSP Hospital will not be available for 15 days
- Change in timings of all markets in Durgapur with new restrictions