After Bengal’s biggest festival, Durga Puja, the people of West Bengal are ready to get immersed in a number of consecutive festivals in November and December.
From Kali Puja, Diwali, Chhat Puja, Jagadhatri Puja to Christmas New Year, fireworks will be burnt in every festival.
The State Pollution Control board has issued some rules keeping in mind the impact on the environment.
They have set a number of rules regarding the timings when you can burn crackers in these festivals. Also, there are certain rules about the type of fireworks you can burn.
The rules for when and what fireworks can be burned are given below:
- Fireworks can be lit from 8PM to 10PM on Diwali.
- On the day of Chhat Puja, fireworks can be burnt from 6AM to 8AM.
- On the night of 24th and 31st December, only 35 minutes of fireworks will be allowed, that is, from 11:55PM to 12:30AM.
- All Fireworks must be environmentally friendly.
The government has announced that the law-enforcing agencies can prosecute anyone for carrying, selling, and bursting non-environment-friendly firecrackers.
Read Another Durgapur Latest News
- Verify PM Kisan and Aadhar number link status online 2021
- PM Kisan e-KYC 2021 | Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Online
- West Bengal Voter List 2022 PDF Download Online (with details)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check Online in West Bengal 2021
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- e-Shram card correction (update) online 2021 – eshram.gov.in
- e-Shram (UAN) Card Online Apply & Download West Bengal 2021
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) West Bengal list 2021-2022