Sometimes there may be errors or discrepancies in the details of your child’s birth certificate that need to be corrected or updated. This is an important document that has a variety of purposes, such as enrolling in school, obtaining a passport, and applying for a job. Therefore having the correct details in it is important.
The Health Department of the West Bengal government has made it easier to correct or update details on your birth certificate online through the Janma Mrityu Portal at janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in.
These may include the child’s name, gender, date of birth, or parents’ details that may be wrong or missing.
In this article, you will get to know the following points on how to correct West Bengal Birth Certificate details online,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Details required to correct the details of a birth certificate online
The details required to correct the details of a birth certificate online are,
- Certificate number
- Registered mobile number
In case you have forgotten the birth certificate number in West Bengal, you can search it online.
Steps to correct birth certificate online in West Bengal
To correct a birth certificate online in West Bengal,
Step 1: Go to the official website
- First, go to the official website of Janma Mrityu Tathya at janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in..
- Next, on the top menu section, click on the ‘Citizen Services’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Birth’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Birth Certificate Correction’ option.
- A popup will appear.
Step 2: Enter the birth certificate number
- Next, enter the ‘Certificate No.’ in the specified field.
- Next, click on the ‘Get OTP’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Next, enter the ‘OTP’ in the specified field.
- Next, click on the ‘Submit OTP’ button.
Step 3: Make the required corrections
- All the information on the certificate will be shown on the screen.
- Next, make the required corrections in their specified fields.
- Next, enter the ‘Reason/Remarks’ in the specified field.
Step 4: Submit birth certificate correction application
- Next, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A popup will appear showing that the data is saved successfully.
- Next, click on the ‘OK’ button.
The birth certificate correction application will be submitted successfully.
By following these steps, you can easily correct details in your birth certificate online.
You can then check the status of your application or download the corrected birth certificate online.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal e-District Portal Registration Process Online 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.