When you apply for a birth certificate through a Data Entry Operator (DEO) of a hospital or nursing home, he/she can the application without the name of the child in case you have not decided a name of your child at that moment.
But in order to obtain the birth certificate, you need to add a name to the birth certificate application.
The West Bengal government has made it easier to do that online through the official website at crs.wbhealth.gov.in.
In this article, you will get to know about the steps for child name registration on the birth certificate application online.
Steps to register your child’s name in the birth certificate
To register your child’s name in the birth certificate application in West Bengal online,
Step 1: Go to the official website
- First, go to the official website (janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in).
- Now, on the top menu section, click on ‘Citizen Services’.
- Click on Birth and then click on ‘Child Name Registration’.
Step 2: Enter acknowledgment number
- Now you’ll be asked to enter your acknowledgment number that was generated after submitting your child’s birth certificate application.
- Enter it and click on submit.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number submitted during the application.
- Enter the OTP in the specified field and click on submit OTP.
- A form will open up in front of you.
Step 3: Enter the child’s name and submit
- In the form, enter the first name, middle name, and last name of the child.
- Verify the other details already entered before.
- Now click on submit.
The name of your child will be registered successfully.
After a short while, you will receive an SMS with the link to download the birth certificate.
You can also download it from the official website.
Click to know the steps to download a birth certificate online.
By following these steps, you can easily update or register the name of your child on the birth certificate application.
How to add your child’s name to the birth certificate in West Bengal?
You can add your child’s name to the birth certificate application online through the “Child Name Registration” option of the janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in portal.
How to download the birth certificate after child name addition?
A link will be sent to the registered mobile number. You can download the birth certificate from that link. You can also download it through the “Download Certificate” option of the janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in portal.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- How To Get Municipality Holding Number In West Bengal Online
- Khajna (Land Revenue) Online Payment Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Find West Bengal Khajna Application Number Online 2023
- West Bengal Land Revenue (Khajna) Application Process Online
- Non-Subsidised Ration Card West Bengal (FORM 10) Online Apply
- How To Find Duare Sarkar Camp List Near You In West Bengal 2023
- Caste Certificate Download (PDF) Online Process West Bengal 2023
- Krishak Bandhu ID Number Check (Search) Online Process 2023