When you apply for a birth certificate through a Data Entry Operator (DEO) of a hospital or nursing home, he/she can submit the application without the name of the child in case you have not decided the name of your child at that moment.
But in order to obtain the birth certificate, you need to add a name to the birth certificate application.
Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal has made it easier to add the name of your child online on the birth certificate application online through the official website at janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in.
In this article, you will get to know the following points on how to register your child’s name registration on the birth certificate application online,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Details required child’s name registration on birth certificate in West Bengal
You will need the following details to register your child’s name in the birth certificate,
- Name of the child
- Birth Certificate application acknowledgment number
- Registered mobile number
Steps to register your child’s name in the birth certificate
To register your child’s name in the birth certificate application in West Bengal online,
Step 1: Go to the official website
- First, go to the official website (janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in).
- Next, on the top menu section, click on the ‘Citizen Services’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Birth’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Child Name Registration’ option.
Step 2: Enter acknowledgment number
- Now you’ll be asked to enter your acknowledgment number that was generated after submitting your child’s birth certificate application.
- Next, enter it and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number submitted during the application.
- Next, enter the OTP in the specified field and click on the ‘Submit OTP’ button.
- A form will open up in front of you.
Step 3: Enter the child’s name and submit
- In the form, enter the first name, middle name, and last name of the child.
- Next, verify the other details already entered before.
- Next, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
The name of your child will be registered successfully. After a short while, you will receive an SMS with the link to download the birth certificate.
You can also download it from the official website.
By following these steps, you can easily update or register the name of your child on the birth certificate application.
How to add your child’s name to the birth certificate in West Bengal?
You can add your child’s name to the birth certificate application online through the “Child Name Registration” option of the janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in portal.
How to download the birth certificate after child name addition?
A link will be sent to the registered mobile number. You can download the birth certificate from that link. You can also download it through the “Download Certificate” option of the janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in portal.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
- Find Birth Certificate Acknowledgment Number West Bengal 2023
- How To Reset Password On Banglarbhumi Portal Online 2023
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- How To Get Municipality Holding Number In West Bengal Online
- Khajna (Land Revenue) Online Payment Process West Bengal 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.