Kolkata: Mamata Banerjee, on 10th September, tweeted that there will be no lockdown on 12th September, Saturday.
At the end of August, the West Bengal government made an announcement that there will be a complete lockdown on 5th, 11th, and 12th September.
This decision was made as a measure to control the spread of COVID in the state.
On 10th September around 1:30 PM, Mamata Banerjee tweeted from her Official handle that the lockdown on 11th September will be as it is, but the lockdown on 12th September is cancelled.
She also stated that the reason behind this decision is the NEET 2020 exam that will be held on 13th September all across India. The lockdown on 12th September is lifted so that students can reach the cities of their exam centers a day before.
Here is the tweet:
In her tweet, she also stated that she took the decision after a lot of request from the student community.
On 5th September, more than 50 people were arrested in Durgapur due to the violation of lockdown.
The next complete lockdown date is on 11th September, Friday.
Stay Home, Stay Safe.
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- Durgapur Utsav 2023 – Date, Timings, Venue, Programs
- SAIL Mediclaim E-Card (PDF) Download Online Process 2023
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- Durgapur ISKCON Temple – Timings, Location, Occasions
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Road Tax/Registration Fee Payment Receipt 2023
- e-Shram Card Download Online Process (In 3 Steps) 2023