Kolkata: Mamata Banerjee, on 10th September, tweeted that there will be no lockdown on 12th September, Saturday.
At the end of August, the West Bengal government made an announcement that there will be a complete lockdown on 5th, 11th, and 12th September.
This decision was made as a measure to control the spread of COVID in the state.
On 10th September around 1:30 PM, Mamata Banerjee tweeted from her Official handle that the lockdown on 11th September will be as it is, but the lockdown on 12th September is cancelled.
She also stated that the reason behind this decision is the NEET 2020 exam that will be held on 13th September all across India. The lockdown on 12th September is lifted so that students can reach the cities of their exam centers a day before.
Here is the tweet:
In her tweet, she also stated that she took the decision after a lot of request from the student community.
On 5th September, more than 50 people were arrested in Durgapur due to the violation of lockdown.
The next complete lockdown date is on 11th September, Friday.
Stay Home, Stay Safe.
Get Latest News and Updates about Durgapur on WhatsApp
[Disclaimer: The news and information we provide are in the public interest. We collect information from various sources and crosscheck them to verify they are 100% authentic. But still if you think any news or information we provide is inaccurate, please leave us a mail at [email protected]]
[Like our Facebook Page to get Regular Updates about Durgapur]
Read Other Durgapur Latest News
- How To Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- How To Change Address In Driving Licence (Driver’s License) Online
- Driving Licence Renewal Online Process 2023 (All States)
- mParivahan App Registration and Login Process Online 2023
- Aadhaar Bank Link Status Check (All Banks) Online Process 2023
- Durgapur To Kolkata – How to Reach By Car, Bus, Train
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- Vehicle Ownership Or RC Transfer Status Check Online Process
- Flights from Durgapur to Jaipur and Patna to start from May 2023