The West Bengal government recently launched the Joy Bangla pension scheme (also known as Jai Bangla) for the citizens of West Bengal.
This new scheme is for persons with disabilities, widows, and senior citizens from the SC and ST categories belonging to the state of West Bengal.
The scheme is launched into two parts:
Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme: For Scheduled Caste category.
Jai Johar Pension Scheme: For Scheduled Tribe category.
In this article you will get to know about the following points about the Joy Bangla Pension scheme in West Bengal:
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
About West Bengal Joy (Jai) Bangla Pension Scheme 2021
|Name of Scheme||Joy Bangla Pension Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of West Bengal|
|Launched Date||April 2020|
|Beneficiaries||SC/ST – PwD/Widow/senior citizens of West Bengal|
The Joy Bangla Pension Scheme consists of two schemes, the Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme and the Jai Johar Pension Scheme.
The scheme is mainly for the senior citizens belonging to the SC and ST candidates of West Bengal.
Widows and persons with disabilities belonging to the SC and ST categories can also apply under this pension scheme.
The Joy Bangla Pension scheme is often termed as “One Umbrella Scheme” by the West Bengal government.
Eligibility of West Bengal Joy (Jai) Bangla Pension Scheme 2021
To apply for West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme,
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The applicant must be above the age of 60 (for Old age application)
- The applicant must be a widow (for application as a widow).
- The applicant must be differently abled (in case of PwD application).
- The beneficiary must belong to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe Category.
- The applicant must belong to the BPL category.
- The beneficiary must not receive benefits from any other government schemes.
Application Process of West Bengal Joy (Jai) Bangla Pension Scheme 2021
You can download the application form of the Joy Bangla Pension scheme for Taposali Bandhu and Jai Johar schemes by clicking the button below:
This application form along with the required documents can be submitted to any of the following government offices.
- The District Magistrate of the concerned District and shall be submitted to the Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the Panchayat Samity in case of the applicant residing in the rural areas under a Panchayat Samity.
- The District Magistrate of the concerned District and Shall be submitted to the Sub-Divisional Officer in case of the applicant residing in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- The Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal and shall be submitted to the Controller Vagrancy West Bengal in case of the applicant residing within the areas under Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
You can also submit the form along with the documents at any “Duare Sarkar” Camp that will soon be launched at your locality.
Documents Required for West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Application
The Documents required to apply for Taposali Bandhu and Jai Johar schemes under Joy Bangla Pension Scheme are,
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID as Identity Proof
- Passport Photograph
- Caste Certificate
- Certificate/ Proof of Income (self-attested)
- BPL Certificate
- Ration Card
- Digital Certificate from Appropriate Authority
- Residential Proof (self-attested)
- Bank details- Bank Passbook copy
Benefits of West Bengal Joy (Jai) Bangla Pension Scheme 2021
The Joy Bangla pension scheme provides monetary benefits to the SC and ST old age citizens, PwD, and widows belonging to the state of West Bengal.
The pension amount set for each of the schemes are,
|Taposali Bandhu Scheme||Rs. 600 per month|
|Jai Johar Scheme||Rs. 1000 per month|
The amount will be credited directly to the bank account of the beneficiaries.
Can any person belonging to SC/ST category apply for Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2021?
No. Only a person with disability, widows, and senior citizens belonging to SC/ST category apply for Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2021.
When will the Joy Bangla Pension get credited to the bank account?
The Joy Bangla Pension will get credited to the bank account at the beginning of every month, once your application is approved.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Disability Certificate Status Check Online Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Download Disability Certificate (PDF) In West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Correction Online Process 2023
- How To Apply For Disability Certificate Online West Bengal 2023
- West Bengal e-District Portal Registration Process Online 2023
- How to Search Birth Certificate By Name West Bengal Online 2023
- Find Birth Certificate Acknowledgment Number West Bengal 2023
- How To Reset Password On Banglarbhumi Portal Online 2023
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023