There are times when after receiving your digital ration card you might find various mistakes in your or your family members’ ration card.
The West Bengal government has made it easier for the general public to correct these mistakes in your digital ration card online free of cost.
The mistakes can be in your or your family member’s name, address, etc.
In this article, you will know the following details to correct mistakes in your digital ration card online:
The entire process is completely free and will take you about 10 minutes.
Documents required to correct West Bengal Digital Ration Card details
You need the following documents to correct any details related to West Bengal Digital Ration Card online:
- Ration Card Number
- Ration card category
- Mobile number
- Any documents supporting the changes you made (ID Proof, Address Proof, etc. with the correct details)
In case you don’t remember your Digital Ration Card Number, you can follow the steps in this article to find it out:
Steps to apply for West Bengal Ration Card correction
The steps to apply for ration card details correction in West Bengal are,
Step 1: Go to West Bengal ration Card website
- First, go to the official website of the West Bengal food and supplies department.
- Click on the ration card option present on the left side of the screen.
- Now select “Apply Online” option.
- After that click on “Apply for correction of details in existing ration card (form 5)”.
- A new page will open up.
Step 2: Log in to your digital Ration Card account
- Enter your mobile number that is linked with your digital ration card.
- Click on ‘GET OTP’.
- Enter your OTP in the required field and click on proceed.
If you don’t know which mobile number is linked, you can read this article to know how you can get it:
If you are logging in for the first time, you might be asked to enter your ration card details in order to link it with your mobile number.
The name of your family members linked with this mobile number will be shown on the screen.
Please note that you need to link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card in order to use these online application services provided by the government.
If you have not linked your Aadhaar and ration card, you can read this article to know the steps to link them:
Step 3: Fill up FORM 5
- Scroll down on your screen
- Now you will see an option called “Apply for form 5”. Click on apply now button below that.
- A new page will open up where you can edit all the details required for each member of your family.
- Make the necessary changes in the required field, such as name, address, age, etc.
- Add the supporting document for each changes made.
- If some of the members don’t need any change leave it as it is
- Now go to the bottom of the screen and click on “Next”.
Step 4: Submit FORM 5
- Now a new page will open up showing you the summary of the changes made by you.
- Verify the changes to see if there are accurate.
- Now click at the checkbox and click on proceed.
- Another page will open up.
- Click on the checkbox and then click on get OTP.
- Now enter the OTP in the specified field and click on submit OTP.
- Now you will get a confirmation page mentioning that your application is submitted successfully.
By following the steps given above, you can easily apply for corrections in your digital ration card online.
If you have already applied you can read this article to know how you can check the status of your application.
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors.