Sometimes we need to make changes or corrections in the Date of Birth printed on our driver’s licence due to some errors or updates.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of the Central government has made it easier to make corrections on the date of birth printed on the Driving Licence (DL) of any state online through their official website parivahan.gov.in
In this article, you will get to know the following details about correcting the date of birth in your Driver’s Licence online,
Let’s see each of these in detail.
Documents required to correct DOB on Driving Licence
The list of documents and details you need to change your date of birth on your Driving Licence is,
- Proof of date of birth (Scanned Copy)
- Driving License (Scanned Copy)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
Fees required to change date of birth on Driving Licence
The fees* required to apply for your Driving Licence date of birth change are,
|Driving Licence DOB change||Rs. 200|
|FORM-7 fees (Additional)||Rs. 200|
*subject to change
Steps to change date of birth (DOB) on Driving Licence online
To apply for a change of Date of Birth on your Driving Licence online,
Step 1: Go to the official website of Parivahan Sarathi
- First, go to the official website of Parivahan at parivahan.gov.in.
- Next, click on ‘Online Services’ and select ‘Driving License Related Services’ from the drop-down.
- Select your state.
Step 2: Click on the ‘DL Services’ option
- The Parivahan Sarathi portal will open up on your screen.
- On the new page, click on the ‘DL Services (Replace of DL/Others)’ option on the dashboard.
- A new page will open up.
- Next, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Another page will open up.
Step 3: Enter your Driving Licence (DL) details
- On the new page, enter your DL number and Date of Birth as printed on your Driving Licence.
- Next, fill out the captcha code.
- Next, click on the ‘Get DL Details’ button.
- A new page with your driving licence details will open.
Step 4: Verify and update DL details
- Fill out the details that are not pre-filled. (if applicable)
- Next, select your RTO from the drop-down.
- Next, click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Next, update your mobile number and Email ID. (optional)
- Next. click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- A new page will open.
Step 5: Fill out the ‘DOB Change’ application form
- You will see a new page with a list of services that you can avail of.
- Next, click on the checkbox next to the “Change of Date of Birth in DL” option from the list.
- Next, click on the ‘Proceed’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, select the reason for the Date of Birth change application from the drop-down list.
- Next, enter the correct Date of Birth.
- Next, click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
Step 6: Submit the application
- Now, click on the ‘Self Declaration (Form 1)’ button and fill it up. (if applicable)
- Next, fill out the declaration checkboxes as applicable.
- Next, enter the captcha code and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Next, click on the ‘Ok’ button.
Your application will be successfully submitted. Now you need to upload the documents and pay the required fees.
Step 7: Upload the required documents
- Now, click the ‘Next’ button and then click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Your application number and date of birth will be automatically filled out. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Next, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Next, upload all the required documents, driving licence scanned copy, Proof of date of birth (Scanned Copy), and medical certificate (if applicable).
- Next, click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 8: Pay the fee
- Now, make sure the ‘FEE PAYMENT’ option is selected and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- You will see the details of the fees that you need to pay for changing the Date of Birth on your driving license.
- Next, choose your preferred payment gateway and enter the captcha code.
- Next, click on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
- Next, accept the terms and click on the ‘Proceed for Payment’ button.
- Complete the payment process and take a printout or save the receipt for future reference.
After the fee payment, you need to visit RTO if it is required in your state or RTO. It is mandatory in some states and not required in others. If you are getting an option of ‘LL/DL SERVICES SLOT BOOKING’, that means you need to visit RTO.
Step 9: Book appointment and visit RTO (if applicable)
- Now, make sure the ‘LL/DL SERVICES SLOT BOOKING’ option is selected and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Next, click ‘Proceed to Book’.
- Next, select your preferred slot and click on the ‘Book Slot’ button.
- Next, click on the ‘Confirm to Book Slot’ button.
Your slot will be booked. Now you need to visit the RTO on the selected date with all the original documents.
By following these steps, you can easily correct the Date of Birth on your Driving Licence online. Your updated driving licence will be sent to your registered address.
You can also correct your name and address using this method.
You can check the status of your application online through the official website of Parivahan at parivahan.gov.in.
Find more Central Govt Scheme
- How To Register On Vahan NR e-Services Portal Online 2023
- Driving Licence Test Slot Booking Online Process 2023
- How To Lock And Unlock Your Aadhaar Biometrics Online 2023
- How to Search Voter ID By Name Online In India (Any State) 2023
- Cancel Aadhaar Update Request Online Process 2023
- How To Change Date of Birth (DOB) In Driving Licence Online 2023
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.