The West Bengal government provides 5 types of ration cards namely AAY, PHH, SPHH, RKSY – I, and RKSY – II.
This category starts based on various factors such as household income, caste, assets, etc.
The category of digital ration card is selected based on the information you provide while applying for a new ration card.
Sometimes it may happen that you have received the card of the wrong category.
Now you can easily change your digital ration card from RKSY – II to RKSY – I online free of cost.
You can also change your General or Non-Subsidised ration card to a Subsidised Ration Card.
In this article, you will get to know the steps to change your West Bengal digital ration card category.
Steps to apply online for WB digital ration category change
To change the category of your West Bengal digital ration card online,
Step 1: Go to the Official WB Ration Card website
- First, go to the official website of the West Bengal Food and Supplies Department.
- Now, select the ‘Ration Card’ option.
- Next, click on the “Apply for change of Ration Card category” option.
- A new page will open.
In case you are applying from mobile, you need to scroll down a bit to get the option.
To use the digital ration card facility of the West Bengal government, first, you need to link your Aadhaar and mobile number with your ration card.
You can read the article below to know about the steps to link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card.
Click to know the steps to link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card online.
Step 2: Log in to the WB Digital Ration card portal
- On the new page, enter your mobile number linked with your ration card.
- Next, click on “Get OTP”. You will receive an OTP on your registered number.
- Enter the OTP in the specified field and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- The home screen of the West Bengal online ration card portal will open in front of you.
In case you don’t know which number is linked to your ration card, see the article below.
Click to know the steps to find out which number is linked with your Ration Card
Step 3: Fill up FORM 8
- Now, scroll down to the form section.
- Next, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below the Form 8 option.
- Now, a list will appear in front of you with a number of options and checkboxes.
- Click on the checkbox beside the appropriate options applicable to you. The category of your ration card will be based on the options selected. So fill in these details carefully.
- Now scroll down a bit, and a new list of options will appear. Click on the checkbox beside the options applicable to you.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button. A new page will appear.
- If you want to correct any data you have entered, you can click the “Back” button and edit it.
- If everything is correct, scroll to the bottom. Click on the “It’s okay” checkbox.
- Click on the “Proceed” button. A new page will open.
Step 4: Submit FORM 8
- After a new page opens, click on the “I Certify” checkbox and then click on the ‘Get OTP’ button.
- Now enter the OTP received in the specified field and click on the ‘Submit OTP’ button.
- Once you do that you will get a success notice showing that your form is successfully submitted.
Now you can log in to the West Bengal digital ration card portal at any time and check the status of your application.
There is also an option to check the status of your ration card application form without logging in.
You can read the article below to know more about it.
Click to know the steps to check the ration card application status.
By following these steps you can easily get your digital ration card category changed online through the West Bengal Food and Supplies Department’s official website (food.wb.gov.in or wbpds.gov.in).
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Digital Ration Card West Bengal (Khadya Sathi Scheme) 2023
- How To Get Municipality Holding Number In West Bengal Online
- Khajna (Land Revenue) Online Payment Process West Bengal 2023
- How To Find West Bengal Khajna Application Number Online 2023
- West Bengal Land Revenue (Khajna) Application Process Online
- Non-Subsidised Ration Card West Bengal (FORM 10) Online Apply
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only. The images used are for representative purposes only.