The West Bengal government provides 5 types of ration cards namely AAY, PHH, SPHH, RKSY – I, RKSY – II.
This category starts based on various factors such as household income, caste, assets, etc.
The category of digital ration card is selected based on the information you provide while applying for a new ration card.
Sometimes it may happen that you have received the card of the wrong category.
Now you can easily change your digital ration card from RKSY – II to RKSY – I online free of cost.
You can also change your General or Non-Subsidised ration card to a Subsidised Ration Card.
In this article, you will get to know the steps to change your West Bengal digital ration card category.
Steps to apply online for WB digital ration category change
To change the category of your West Bengal digital ration card online,
Step 1: Go to the Official WB Ration Card website
- First, go to the official website of the West Bengal food and supplies department.
- Now select the ration card option from the left side of the screen.
- Next click on the “Apply Online” option and select “Apply For Change Of Ration Card Category (Form-8)”.
- A new page will open.
In case you are applying from mobile, first, click on “Services and Citizens corner” and then click on “digital ration card related services”.
Now click on the “Apply For Change Of Ration Card category”. A new page will open up.
To use the digital ration card facility of the West Bengal government, first, you need to link your Aadhaar and mobile number with your ration card.
You can read the article below to know about the steps to link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card.
Step 2: Log in to the WB Digital Ration card portal
- Enter your mobile number linked with your ration card.
- Click on “Get OTP”. You will receive an OTP on your registered number.
- Enter the OTP in the specified field and click on proceed.
- The home screen of the West Bengal online ration card portal will open in front of you.
In case you don’t know which number is linked with your ration card, see the article below.
Step 3: Fill up FORM 8
- Scroll down to the form section.
- Click apply now below the form 8.
- Now a new page will open asking you to enter aadhaar details of family members. If not uploaded, see the steps above to upload it.
- If already uploaded the next page will open.
- Now a list will appear in front of you within a number of options and checkboxes.
- Click on the checkbox beside the appropriate options applicable to you. The category of your ration card will be based on the options selected. So fill these details carefully.
- Now scroll down a bit, new list of options will appear. Click on the checkbox beside the options applicable to you.
- Click on next. A new page will appear.
- If you want to correct any data you have entered, you can click the “Back” button and edit it.
- If everything is correct, scroll to the buttom. Click on “Its okay” checkbox.
- Click on “Proceed”. A new page will open.
Step 4: Submit FORM 8
- After a new page opens, click on the “I Certify” checkbox and then click on get OTP.
- Now enter the OTP in the specified field and click on submit OTP.
- Once you do that you will get a success notice showing that your form is successfully submitted.
Now you can log in to the West Bengal digital ration card portal any time and check the status of your application.
There is also an option to check the status of your ration card application form without logging in.
You can read the article below to know more about it.
By following these steps you can easily get your digital ration card category changed online through the West Bengal food and supplies department’s official website (food.wb.gov.in or wbpds.gov.in).
Find more West Bengal Scheme
- Bangla Shasya Bima Status Check 2021 – banglashasyabima.net
- Bangla Shasya Bima 2021 – List, Application Form Download
- Khadya Sathi Aamar Ration Mobile app – How to use, Services
- Ration Card & Duare Ration Whatsapp Number West Bengal
- Child Name Registration in West Bengal Birth Certificate 2021
- West Bengal Birth Certificate Online Apply 2021 (New process)
- Swasthya Sathi Hospital List – How to check (Any district)
- Duare Ration, Duare Sarkar phase 3 to start from November 16
- Krishak Bandhu status check online in West Bengal 2021
Disclaimer: The Information provided above is for educational purposes only and may contain human errors. Images used are for representative purposes only.